This is a fun assignment we did in Creative Writing last month. The students wrote apocalyptic stories, and we decided on specific criteria that they would focus on in their stories. After much discussion, we settled on the specifics of:
- Character Development/ Characterization
- Incorporation of Apocalyptic Event
Here are some of the scenarios that the students submitted:
- Happy Cow Disease: Women begin birthing cows, which then devour people.
- Glitter Doom: Glitter people come from the sky and when they touch you, you turn into glitter that they then snack on.
- Rainbow bears come alive due to nuclear radiation and take over.
- Hitler's brain was put inside a robot and takes over the world.
- Plants rise up and consume all human beings.
- Garden gnomes come to life and kill off humans.
- Giant worms come from under a nuclear plant and begin their destruction.
- Dwarves rise up from the Under-Earth, slaying humans on the spot.
- Robot dinosaurs from another dimension have taken over Earth.